Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Follow the Fuzzy

Should I or shouldn't I write  a short story?  I don't know if I can, what about the organization of it? What will be my inspiration? How can I do this?  These are the question that I pondered about in my head for years.  I've always had the passion to write, however, story-telling always intimidated me for some reason. The thought of sitting in front of a computer or writing in a note book--the fear of just staring of a blank page with....the sound of hollow wind and no words tend to paralyze me.

Today that changed.  I am currently taking a literature class for my major and it requires that we write everyday.  Most people can't stand the reading nor the writing.  However, I enjoy it.  I get the chance to read other people's stories and study how author's are inspired.  Which in point, inspired me to write a short story.

A strong unction began to overwhelm me to write a story.  About what I wondered. I thought about the people I see riding the bus everyday.  What are their stories before they get on the bus?  What are their lives  like everyday or maybe on one particular day? I took a scenario that I see quite often on the bus, a single mother with a children.  Where was she going or coming from? Is she truly a single mother or maybe divorced or maybe widowed or maybe the father wasn't able to take the kids to daycare on that day? How does she handle being a mother? How does she handle daily life circumstances? What does she do for a living? Is she employed? Question I began to wonder.  These question began to take me on a rabbit trail of imagination.  However, in the midst of this--a moment of hestitation reared its head and a moment of examining where this inspiration was coming from and why I was doing it.  Instead, I ignored those distractions to follow this trail of a whole new world of creativity. In less than an hour, I wrote a two page short story.  To mean, this was a great achievement.

What is the point of this?  My conclusion states this: simply follow the fuzzy.  If I didn't continue down this road of unction, I might have missed the wave of creativity that was beckoning me to come ride it freely.  I was navigated on a adventure that I get to explore even further. Complication comes in when you question or doubt yourself--don't analysis, just allow yourself to let go.  Fall into the waves and see where it takes you.  This might be a wave you've been waiting for for quite some time...and those artificial man-made waves don't compare to the real thing. Living is simple, its with ease, and its very delightful. Follow the fuzzy.

No comments:

Post a Comment